My photo
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/portomnibus

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Starbucks Job, Day 2

I don't even feel like updating my blog...but I am doing it now.

I woke up late AGAIN! Although, I did make it to work on time and clocked in EXACTLY at 7:00am. I started reading the books to become a certified Barista and skipped the activites that I had to do with my boss. We didn;t do them until after noon because there weren't enough people behind the bar.

She went through some guidelines with me and then we did coffee tasting! The first thing I tried was the coffee pressed Yukon Blend espresso. It's a multi-blend coffee with Asia/Pacific and Latin American coffees. I liked it very much. It was especially good drinking it after eating a brownie! YUMMMM. Then I had the Organic Shade Grown Mexico espresso. I didn't really like it. It had that taste of spices and some kind of nutty flavor. I had tried it with creame but it didn't make it better. The creame just took away the coffee flavor. Then I had this Pikes Place coffee which I didn't really like and also had that instant columbia coffee. I didn't really like that either. I don't remember which of those three I had tried with cinnamon cake. But it did taste good having it with one of the coffees!

After that, Dreama had to do an interview with a guy and I went to the backroom and watched a starbucks video for my workbook.

I didn't wear my apron or hat..but I did dress all black because she told me to. I will probably wear it tomorrow or on wenesday where I'll actually start working (cleaning, etc), but not make coffee yet.

I also RAN to the school cafeteria at 11:30am, for lunch. I did eat my lunch without having to eat it too fast and made it back to work on time, clocking in exactly at noon.

I also bought this really cute starbucks mug! It has that iconic mermaid :D She's so pretty *drools* and the design and color is so cute!

I need to do my homework...

Until then,

Michael

P.S.

A tip I learned:

"Starbucks" came from Starbuck, a coffee loving character from Herman Melville's Moby Dick

3 comments:

  1. noo, it came from My Dickk.

    ladies will pay star bucks to get My Dick.

    yes i love my dick;


    LMAO. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. XD ROFL *laughs at above post*
    ahah... idont like coffee... ok well i dont drink it just because the ones i've had are like always bad... anyways, best of luck working mike!!!
    -Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's so fun. I don't drink coffee either, so I guess I'll have to work at a bakery instead. Bahahahaha! Talk to you soon, friend! <3 Keep at it!

    - Hannah

    ReplyDelete